Battery Management & Disposal
Batteries are consumable items and an effective battery maintenance plan will eliminate what at first appears to be product problems.
- Track the purchase dates and ages of your batteries.
- Identify and remove from use all batteries more than 2 years old.
- Change the battery when the indicator light shows “Low”.
- Keep battery contact surfaces clean at all times.
- Exercise your batteries – do not leave your batteries dormant for long periods of time. Should be used on a minimum once every two weeks.
- For optimal performance store in a dry location at around 15 degrees C or 59 degrees F.
- Always disconnect the battery from the charger after the specified charge time. Failure to do so may result in the reduction of battery life.
- If a battery is warm after charging allow to cool before using as it will prolong the life of the battery.